Monday, May 9, 2011

Men's sinful nature

Romans 7:18-19

18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing.



羅 馬 書 7:18-19

18 我 也 知 道 、 在 我 裡 頭 、 就 是 我 肉 體 之 中 、 沒 有 良 善 . 因 為 立 志 為 善 由 得 我 、 只 是 行 出 來 由 不 得 我 。

19 故 此 、 我 所 願 意 的 善 、 我 反 不 作 . 我 所 不 願 意 的 惡 、 我 倒 去 作 。



This is referring to men's struggle with sin. We all struggle with sin even as Christians. We want to do good to give a testimony to others, but at the same time, sin is always around us, and "living in us" (in Verse 17).


We know that Jesus Christ our Lord came here to save us because we are sinners. Pray that the Lord will guide us and our mind is confident enough that we can rely on Him for all things, including His help to deal with our own sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment