Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Solid food is for the mature

Hebrews 5:13-14

"Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil."


希 伯 來 書 5:13-14

"凡 只 能 吃 奶 的 、 都 不 熟 練 仁 義 的 道 理 . 因 為 他 是 嬰 孩 。 惟 獨 長 大 成 人 的 、 纔 能 吃 乾 糧 、 他 們 的 心 竅 、 習 練 得 通 達 、 就 能 分 辨 好 歹 了 。"


An interesting point coming from the combined church service on Sunday. The point made was whether long and mature Christians tend to be more or less passionate about God's kingdom. Things may become routine and it almost seems one is heading in the right direction.

I think no matter in what stage of our lives, we are challenged in some way. God wants us to be passionate about Him and it never ceases to amaze me that at this stage of my life, God is challenging me to trust in Him when I am so powerless and things can get so out of my control. God wants us to have solid food and stay away from milk so we are equipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment